Avalanche Training, Consulting, Forecasting & Risk Management
I offer a variety of avalanche and snow safety training, forecasting consulting, and risk management services in Norway and abroad. Examples include risk management in ski guiding operations, hazard and risk assessments for industry/infrastructure, such as ski resorts, roads and mines, and projects in remote or high-altitude environments.
ForecastingAn ongoing project is the avalanche forecasting project for Gudauri Ski Resort, run by volunteer observers and avalanche professionals. The forecasts are published on www.avalanche.ge the social media website >>“Georgia Avalanche and Snow Conditions🇬🇪ზვავის და თოვლის შესახებ”.
- Avalanche courses, recreational (>> link) and professional
- Worker training in avalanche and mountain safety
- Project-specific avalanche courses and training
- GIS solutions for avalanche terrain mapping. E.g., ATES (avalanche terrain exposure scale) classifications.
- Avalanche risk identification, analysis, and evaluation
- Risk treatment - implementation of mitigation strategies & monitoring
- Avalanche safety plans
- Snow climate studies
- Evaluation of existing risk management plans
Left: ATES classification Arkhyz; right: Avalanche path mapping, Gudauri (Caucasus)